Once the QVscribe for Excel add-on has been successfully installed and activated, you will see the QVscribe toolbar as a new tab in the Excel ribbon. The buttons function as follows:
- QVscribe – opens/closes the QVscribe pane
- QVscribe for Individuals/Teams – shows licensing information
- The pull-down list – shows the available QVscribe analysis configurations for the user along with save/edit buttons. In QVscribe for Teams, these buttons may or may not be available to all users, depending on the team permissions setting
- Mark Requirements – marks the cell as a requirement
- Remove All Marks – removes any cells from being marked as requirements
- Toggle Color Background – enables and re-enables the highlighting from QVscribe
- Place Requirement Template – Places an EARS requirement template in the cell
- QVscribe Help – button will open a window to access the help centre, log files and telemetry data
- Clear QVscribe Data – removes all QVscribe related metadata from the document
The QVscribe pane appears on the right-hand side of your Excel screen. In the QVscribe pane you are able to identify which column contains the requirement ID’s, change views between “All Sheets” and “Active Sheet” as well as perform the analysis.
Note that the QVscribe pane can be undocked and moved to any of the other sides of the Excel window by simply dragging it from the top section of the pane to a new side. The undocked QVscribe pane can also be left as a floating window on your screen or moved to a second screen to maximize the document view.